There is never a dull moment for WES’s Travis Hemmen! Travis has been doing double duty with responsibility as Vice President of Business Development at WES and serving as President of our industry association, the Ecological Restoration Business Association (ERBA). ERBA serves as the industry’s voice in Washington by advocating for smart policies and legislation that support the ecological restoration economy. This March Travis’s term as ERBA’s President will end, but he will continue to work closely with new ERBA leadership as Past President.
Under Travis’s guidance, ERBA continued and expanded its leadership of our industry. Travis steered important initiatives, including:
- Retaining and recruiting members for the Association,
- Continuing to broaden the tent of our restoration practitioners,
- Coordinating among members to find consensus and deliver timely and critical input to changing regulatory policies affecting our industry,
- Leading an ERBA delegation to Washington, D.C. and around the country at regional meetings in Charleston, SC and San Diego, CA to inform agency officials and policymakers at the federal and state level,
- Initiating the Annual Association “Beaver Award” for significant restoration projects,
- Presiding over and strengthening marketing and engagement opportunities for the ERBA policy conference, and
- Designing a stylish baseball cap that fits the times and resonates with the man on the street.