Thank you for your interest in joining our team!
Westervelt Ecological Services, a division of The Westervelt Company, creates mitigation banks and provides environmental mitigation and habitat planning services to landowners, businesses, government agencies, and land trusts. Our established industry leaders excel in the field of wetland and endangered species mitigation services to create a nationwide habitat mitigation company.
We currently have the following position available:
POSITION: Associate Project Planner
LOCATION: Auburn, AL
The purpose of this position is to assist in the reconnaissance, site acquisition, development, and entitlement of mitigation projects (i.e., mitigation banks and turnkeys). The position will require the ability to work closely with other disciplines within the office as well as with a variety of federal, state, and local resource agencies to achieve regional goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental studies, biology, landscape architecture, natural resources or related field.
- Minimum of two years of field survey work or related experience. GIS experience preferred.
- Experience in stream and/or wetland restoration in the Southeastern U.S.
- Familiarity with wetland and species regulatory policies.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders and organizations.
- Ability to perform both field work and office document preparation.
External candidates should submit a complete resume to email@example.com, indicating in the subject line the position for which they are applying.
Competitive salary and excellent benefits package.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.